How Does It Work?
Droneworld Crash Protection is provided at a fee and available exclusively for all new DJI Mavics and all new DJI Phantoms purchased from Droneworld or online at www.droneworld.co.za at RRP.
By purchasing from Droneworld, you will receive a coverage amount equal to the market price of your aircraft for repair services within the validity period, providing you with a worry-free flight.
50% discount from one of our DJI aircraft rental fleet while your Aircraft is under repair
There is no limit to the number of times your aircraft can be repaired, provided the coverage amount is not exceeded. If we replace the Drone under Crash Protection Droneworld will keep the Broken Drone.
Droneworld Crash Protection is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and will automatically terminate once repair cost equals the market value of aircraft.
If damage occurs, contact Droneworld Crash Protection via customer support at www.droneworld.co.za
Send or deliver your product (including the aircraft, gimble, propellers, and battery), to our store in Cape Town. Do Not return remote controller.
Please include your contact details with your package and send only to Droneworld, 154 Main Rd, 4th Floor, Equinox building etc Deliveries to Postnet or Post Office will NOT be collected.
Droneworld Crash Protection will be terminated without notice in the following situations: – The service has expired – Your DJI product was repaired by non-official DJI repair centre – If the customer has found to have broken a product on purpose, the service will be terminated automatically.
During the validity period, if accidental damage occurs during normal use, repair fees and related costs will be covered by Droneworld Crash Protection.Your aircraft will also be repaired subject to a small excess of just 5% of the purchase price. Repair costs and aircraft conditions must satisfy Droneworld Crash Protection which is that you must prove a min of 5 hours flying time on your DJI account on the drone that you are claiming on.
What’s Not Covered
- Lost or partially lost aircraft, gimble or camera stolen, forgotten or abandoned product damage caused by flight under unsuitable or illegal flight conditions. This includes Pilot negligence eg Drone out of line of sight, DJI safety recommendations are ignored or cancelled during flight.
- Remote controller.
Liquid Damage of any kind
- abrasions or shell damage that does not affect the performance of the product
- direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure repair requests
- outside of the period of validity
- damage resulting from modifications that are not in accordance with manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
- You will not be covered if aircraft is flying in poor light conditions.
- You will not be covered if aircraft is in sport mode.
- You will not be covered if your device is being flown on/with someone else’s account. It must be flown on the account it is registered with.
- Flight logs must show that flights during which incident occurred were done in line of sight.
- Clients must provide flight logs from the DJI app in order to process the claim. Failure to provide flight logs will result in an unsuccessful claim.
- Client needs to be filming while the crash occurs and have the footage as proof that will accompany the flight record. Failure to provide this will result in an unsuccessful claim.
- Third party apps will void claims to Crash protection
3rd Party Apps
Drone World crash protection will not cover your drone if you use third-party apps, you must use the DJI App