TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Droneworld guarantees that subject to the following conditions, refund and exchange can be requested within the rules of the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) of South Africa:
1. Exchange can be requested under one of the following conditions:
a. Product has sustained damage in transit, which was found when being unpacked and checked with the presence of the courier.
b. Misrepresentation of the product purchased based on original description of the product.
c. Manufacturing defect(s).
2. Refund can be requested under one of the following conditions:
a. Manufacturing defect of the product was found within 7 working days since of receipt.
b. Product has been exchanged once but still has manufacturing defect.
c. Product was received 5 working days passed the guaranteed delivery date due to external factors.
3. Refund and/or Exchange will not be honoured under any one of the following conditions:
a. Customer did not immediately report damage sustained in transit of the product.
b. Refund or exchange is requested after 7 working days (the actual date may varies according to local laws and regulations) of purchase (since the actual date the product received).
c. Product sent in for refund or exchange not including all original accessories, attachments and packaging, or with damage on any part of the product.
d. Legal proof-of-purchase or receipts are unable to be provided, or have been forged or tampered.
e. Product held no manufacturing defects after testing made by Technical Support.
f. Crash or burning caused by non-manufacturing defects, as well as any damage caused by unauthorized modification, entry of foreign body (water, oil, sand, etc.), improper installation or operation.
g. Labels, Serial Numbers, waterproof mark, false proof mark, etc. show signs of tampering or altering.
h. Damage caused by external factors, including but not limited to: fire, flood, high wind strength and lightning strike.Payments made for Pre-Ordered Items or deposits to secure products unless the manufacturer fails to deliver or stop producing the paid for i. Payments made for Pre-Ordered Items or deposits to secure products unless the manufacturer fails to deliver or stop producing the paid for product.
4. DJI Warranty
DJI drones carry a 12 month warranty from date of the drone being registered. DJI’s batteries, cameras and the gimbal all carry a 6 month warranty. Products in the Osmo range like Osmo Pocket, Osmo Mobile, Osmo Action etc carry a 6 month DJI Warranty.
a. Refund Time Frame – For local credit card/debit card and PayPal, refunds can take up to 10 business days after the product is received. For international credit cards, Visa or MasterCard, the refund can take up to 7 to 14 business days.
b. Refunds will carry a minimum handling fee of R500.00 or 10% of the invoice price, whichever is the greater of the two if there is no valid reason for the Refund based on the CPA rules.
c.For exchanges, only the defective parts will be replaced.
d.Goods will be assessed on arrival, please also make sure that any items sent to our offices are packaged properly and safely for transit to our offices.
6. All products must be paid for in full before placing a warranty claim.
If you bought your product from a DJI authorized dealer, we would recommend that you contact them first with regards to technical support issues.
7. Events beyond our Reasonable control.
a. We shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the images, description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Goods on the Website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the Website (which are not due to our gross negligence), we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns Policy
b. Droneworld CC shall not be bound by any incorrect information regarding our products displayed on any third party websites. Droneworld CC will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
8. Pricing and Availability
All prices are quoted in Rand (ZAR) and are inclusive of VAT unless otherwise specified. All item prices are exclusive of delivery charges. We list availability information for products sold on the website, including on each product information page. We cannot be more specific about availability than what is stated on the site. Dates are not guaranteed and should not be relied upon. As we process your order, we will inform you by email if any products are subsequently found to be unavailable.
Despite our best efforts, a small number of the products on the website may be miss-priced. If a product’s correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and send you the product. If a product’s correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, not honour the stated price and charge the correct price. We will contact you for instructions before shipping the products or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. Should the product show a zero balance, it would likely be system error and we will charge the full correct retail price of that specific item.
At certain time and under specific conditions we reserve the right to pre-register certain products.
- Price Matching
We will match any price worldwide provided the deal composition is exactly the same, the company ships to SA, is an authorized DJI dealer and also has stock of the product.
CRASH PROTECTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
How Does It Work?
Droneworld Crash Protection is provided at a fee and available exclusively for all new DJI Mavics and all new DJI Phantoms purchased from Droneworld or online at www.droneworld.co.za at RRP.
By purchasing from Droneworld, you will receive a coverage amount equal to the market price of your aircraft for repair services within the validity period, providing you with worry-free flight.
Your aircraft will also be repaired subject to a small excess of just 5% of the purchase price. Repair costs and aircraft conditions must satisfy Droneworld Crash Protection which is that you must prove a min of 5 hours flying time on your DJI account on the drone that you are claiming on.
Expedited repair service 50% discount on DJI aircraft rental while your Aircraft is under repair.
What’s Not Covered
- Lost or partially lost aircraft, gimble or camera stolen, forgotten or abandoned product damage caused by flight under unsuitable or illegal flight conditions. This includes Pilot negligence eg Drone out of line of sight, DJI safety recommendations are ignored or cancelled during flight.
- Remote controller.
Liquid Damage of any kind
- abrasions or shell damage that do not affect the performance of the product
- direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure repair requests
- outside of the period of validity
- damage resulting from modifications that are not in accordance with manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
- You will not be covered if aircraft is flying in poor light conditions.
- You will not be covered if aircraft is in sport mode.
- You will not be covered if your device is being flown on/with someone else’s account. It must be flown on the account it is registered with.
- Flight logs must show that flights during which incident occurred were done in line of sight.
- Clients must provide flight logs from DJI app in order to process the claim. Failure to provide flight logs will result in an unsuccessful claim.
- Client needs to be filming while the crash occurs and have the footage as proof that will accompany the flight record. Failure to provide flight footage will result in an unsuccessful claim.
- Third party apps will void claims to Crash protection
If damage occurs, contact Droneworld Crash Protection via customer support at www.droneworld.co.za
Send or deliver your product (including the aircraft, gimble, propellers, and battery), to our store in Cape Town. Do Not return remote controller.
Please include your contact details with your package and send only to Droneworld, 154 Main Rd, 4th Floor, Equinox building etc Deliveries to Postnet or Post Office will NOT be collected.
Droneworld Crash Protection will be terminated without notice in the following situations: – The service has expired – Your DJI product was repaired by non-official DJI repair centre – If the customer has found to have broken a product on purpose, the service will be terminated automatically.
Droneworld Crash Protection is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and will automatically terminate once repair cost equals the market value of aircraft.
During the validity period, if accidental damage occurs during normal use, repair fees and related costs will be covered by Droneworld Crash Protection.
There is no limit to the number of times your aircraft can be repaired, provided the coverage amount is not exceeded.
By agreeing to the terms & conditions, you accept full responsibility while the DJI Unit you have rented is in your possession until the DJI Unit is returned and in our possession at the Droneworld Head Office.
- Security Deposit will need to be paid in full and reflecting in Droneworld Account before DJI Unit will be handed over.
- Any DJI Unit Returned late will result in an additional late fee which will be double the Daily Rental Fee.
- All Rentals DJI Units are to be at our Droneworld Head office by 10 am on last day of rental. Droneworld will allow a 90minute grace period thereafter we will charge you an additional fee which will be double the Daily Rental Fee.
- Any Damages caused will result in an assessment to be taken place which will result in the Assessment fee and Repair to be deducted from the Security Deposit.
- Any DJI units rented will need to be sent back via your own courier and this will be at own risk and cost.
- The sender will be liable for any damages incurred during transit to our office.
- Dependant on where and how badly damaged, the cost will be charged and taken off the security deposit.
- DJI Units rented from 1 week – 6 Months we qualify for courier. Rental between 24 hours and 6 days collection at our office only.
- Crash Protection only applies to DJI Drones rented for 3 Months or more.
- The security deposit remainder amount after deductions can take up to 2-3 Business Days to be refunded back into your account.
- Failure to return the DJI Unit you have rented, will entitle Droneworld the full right to retain your full security deposit to cover the cost of the DJI unit rented.
- If the DJI Unit is Beyond Economical Repair, will entitle Droneworld the full right to retain your full security deposit to cover the cost of the DJI unit rented.